Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Making handmade shoes


At the last few days I was making shoes. I was thinking that I would like to make accessories to human sizes (not only for the dolls). I didn't know how to began and what to do first since I have few ideas, and the easer way was keep on doing the dolls and wait that for another time.
I was asked by Christine to make her shoes like my cloth dolls wear.

Firstly I made those for trying the pattern,
But I didn't like that I don't have any sole for it and it feel more like a stocking.

Firstly I made those for trying the pattern, But I didn't like that I don't have any sole for it and it feel more like a socks .
Then I thought to use a nylon bags (the same as arbel egger doess)in order to make the soles. I cut a nylon bag at a spiral form so I get long band of nylon which I crocheted in a sole pattern. I like the way it's look like but I thought it's too rough and wouldn't work well with the first shoes I made, so I decided to make a rough crochet slippers.
The upper was made at the same way by bands of blacks cotton fabric.
At the moment I found another solution to the soles of the first shoes,
I will post it soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey im really impresed...plz will u teach me how to make dis...i also have lot of intreast in dis....so plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz im waiting......poojagargpooja@gmail.com...in my id....

Anonymous said...

plz teach me dis............