Sunday, January 20, 2013

Knitting and Weaving Workshops סדנאות סריגה ואריגה


There are three workshops planned for February (and one for March 1).
The first one is a guest workshop with Gonit Porat, the weaving master from Yodfat (in northern Israel). Although I use many textile-related techniques, weaving is a field I haven't experienced much with, and have always been curious about. For the last two years, I have followed Gonit's updates on Facebook, and have always envied her students. After the successful basketry workshop I hosted in December, I wanted to host another guest workshop. In this workshop, Gonit will teach TabletWeaving, a technique used for weaving complicated patterns.
This workshop will take place on Friday, February 8, at 9:00am.


The second workshop, which will take place on Friday, Febuary15, at 9:00am, is a basic crochet workshop, in which I will teach the very basic principles of crochet, as I use it. This is a beginners' level workshop, and can be an introduction to crochet, before taking the following workshops.
The third workshop, which will take place on Friday, February 22, is a Crochet Sculpting workshop, in which I am going to teach the unique techniques I have learned and developed over time to use crochet as a sculptural medium. I will teach the principles, as well as the process I use in my own work. I will demonstrate how to use crochet in a freehanded and creative manner. As part of the workshop, each participant will crochet an original piece of their own design.
Some creatures from the last workshop can be seen here.
The fourth workshop, which will take place on Friday, March 1, at 9:00am, is for crocheting bean bag chairs (pouffes) using upcycled jersey yarn. It is a very enjoyable workshop, which I decided to conduct following requests I received from people who attended my other workshops and noticed the chairs in the photo at my studio. I have crocheted them during the last few months, mostly as a distraction from other projects or silly TV shows. They are very easy and relaxing to create, as is this workshop.
 On this Friday (January 25) I will conduct the embroidery portrait workshop there are still 2 free places

*Contact me for any questions by e-mail or by phone (my details appear in the brochure),or subscribe to my mailing list, where I send updates about upcoming workshops.
.*צרו איתי קשר במייל או בטלפון שמופיע בברושורים להרשמה או כל שאלה, וכמו כן להרשמה לרשימת תפוצה בה אני מעדכנת לגבי סדנאות נוספות . 

No comments: