Thursday, October 25, 2012

November Workshops



Time passes so quickly and once again I find myself preparing a workshop list for next month. There are four workshops planned for November:

The first one, which will take place on Friday, November 9, is an embroidery portrait workshop. This marks the fourth time I will have conducted this workshop. Each time, I find it extremely interesting to see how the same subject is handled so diversely by different participants. On the other hand, it is only natural, since the participants work on images that are very close to their hearts - portraits of themselves or of loved ones.

The second workshop, which will take place on Friday, November 16, is for crocheting bean bag chairs (pouffes) using upcycled jersey yarn. It is a very enjoyable workshop, which I decided to conduct following requests I received from people who attended my other workshops and noticed the two chairs in the photo at my studio. I crocheted them several months ago, while I was busy with another project that required a lot of concentration. Every time I felt too stressed, I crocheted a few more rounds. Then I could keep working on the other project. By the time the other project was completed, I had two chairs and a rug.


The third workshop is the one I am most excited about, and I will dedicate a whole post to it in the next few days. It is a guest workshop conducted by Yonit Cristal, who describes herself as a preservationist of traditional crafts (until I write my post, I recommend you visit her website or read this article, if you can’t read Hebrew). At this workshop, she will teach a unique weaving technique using the base of a palm frond.

My fourth workshop is an Open Studio, on Friday, November 30.

*צרו איתי קשר במייל או בטלפון שמופיע בהזמנות להרשמה או כל שאלה, וכמו כן להרשמה לרשימת תפוצה בה אני מעדכנת לגבי מועדים של סדנאות נוספות . 

No comments: