Sunday, November 21, 2010

Coming soon-Crochet workshop

Recently I have been busy getting ready for a new crochet workshop I will be conducting next month here in my new home studio. It required a lot of thinking and concentration on my part, since when I create my items; I just crochet freestyle, finding my way with the hook and stitches. I have a raw idea in my mind which comes to life loop by loop, and I don’t follow any patterns. Actually, it is not that simple. Many times it required countless unpicking until I got the form I wanted; a long trial and error process would perhaps be a better way to describe it. I have developed this process over the years, and came up with new ideas and techniques from doll to doll.
Many times I was asked to teach my own unique crocheting technique, I didn't feel confident enough to do so. But as I received more and more requests, I decided to give it a try. At first I made those trials by my own, and then asked a friend to be my guinea pig. I taught her my principles and it seemed like they were clear enough, she managed to come up with a crocheted head on her own, following my instructions. There still remain some issues like creating the workshop schedule and deciding on the number and duration of meetings, as well as some details about the process I have to plan, but  I will publish the invitation in the following few days.
Send me an e-mail if you'd like me to e-mail you when the invitation is done or if you'd like to join my mailing list, where I send updates about upcoming workshops.

No comments: