Saturday, October 10, 2009

Finally back


I don't even know where I should begin. This was a long break I took from my blog. I didn't plan it, and hoped to write earlier, but different things kept me busy and far away.
First it was Yom Kippur, the Jewish holiday which is also traditionally known as the holiest day of the year. Here in Tel Aviv, the holiest day of the year is also the Bicycle Day. Traffic stops for 24 hours, and the roads belong to cyclists. For that reason, it is my favorite day of the year.
Even though I caught the flu the day before, I didn't give up on riding on the highway, crossing the largest intersections, and even cycling hands-free! I was so proud of myself.
On the following day, Gal and I took a few days off and went to the desert.
When we came back, last weekend, I had to get ready for three very busy days of conducting huge workshops, in which I teach participants to create scrap creatures, like the one above.
I created these samples a while ago; they are made of fabric scraps, stuffed with smaller bits of fabric scraps, and stitched with longer scraps.Besides the facial features, no stitching is required, and thus it is fun for both parents and children to make together. I was explaining the technique hundreds of times, until I almost lost my voice (and totally lost my patience). When it was over, I was told that there were 800(much more than last time, when I was teaching how to create the marionettes) visitors per day at the ecological center where these workshops took place.

As I forgot to put my Etsy store on "vacation mode", I had orders to sew as soon as the workshops ended, and I was completely exhausted.
Finally, by tonight, everything was done, so I could take a breath and write this post...

No comments: