Monday, March 06, 2006

Cloth couple and stains


Finally I finish this cloth couple. I wanted to bring him at the morning to the store. They sell one couple and they ask me for other one. I though that they will be ready at the end of last week, but as usual it was longer then I estimated. When they were ready yesterday I wanted to photo them and take them to the store already, but it was too late, so I let them rest at my ironing board. When I arrange them to the photos this morning I found ugly yellow stains at the woman dress. It's looked as if she spoiled tea at her self or was too lazy to go to the bathroom as Gal said. I wasn't cared much about their origin (probably rust from the iron) as how I am going to clean them. I tried 90% alcohol(as I do in those sensitive situations). and the stains grow up and become uglier. At that moment I mostly wanted to tear out my hair. I tried to embroidery something to hide them (something that my mother probably would suggested). It's become even worst, and really didn't suit to this doll personality. I was so desperate and nervous. When last I decided that it's hopeless, and that I should sew new dress (which mean few hours of working), I found out that I can cut it at the waist and change a bit the silhouette , but yet have the dress with clean lines as I firstly made it.

4 comments:

nico said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nico said...

sew perfect... you are amazing- this couple is so cool.

neta said...

Thanks

The Fabric Of Daily Life said...

Hello from Australia. Your dolls and animal are fantastic and you blog is delightful to read.
Cheers.